Tuesday, March 17, 2015

January 31 - The Beach

The ocean is fucking magical.

And the beach came at such a perfect time in our trip.

It was like a cure for my ailment.  I'm sure it was just a coincidence, but, as soon as I got off of the 9 hour overnight bus in Máncora, I began to feel better.  And within 6 hours of being here, I had weaned myself of my banana, cracker, and gatorade diet and was enjoying mojitos and fresh ceviche as the Pacific tide rolled in.

No matter my frame of mind, the time of day, the time of year, or the place -

I love being at the beach.

I love it.

The ocean is like this unbelievable cosmic energy that (literally) comes at you in waves.

It drowns everything else out.

It is easily the most calming sensation that I have ever experienced.

I can sit in the sand or walk down an empty beach alone for hours, and just think.

We experienced a really incredible moment just now.

I had just eaten a massive piece of cheesecake and we decided to go for a walk on the beach.

The sun was just beginning to set.

As we headed past the crowds to a more secluded area, we turned around to see the sun peaking through a hole in the clouds.

You know scenes in movies or on TV shows where God or Jesus or whoever descends from heaven through the clouds with this heavenly light all around them?

This was that.

Minus any form of deity.

And as soon as I was able to grasp how fucking unbelievably beautiful it was, a flock of birds soared overhead and directly in front of it -- truly picturesque.

Speaking of - I tried to take a picture and simply could not capture the moment, or at least do it any justice at all.

But anyway...

I love the beach.

I love the sand.

I love the smell.

I love it.

And somewhere around now - give or take a day or two - marks the halfway point in my trip.

So, cheers.

To life.

To the beach.

To half done --

And half to go.

Much love - Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment