Wednesday, December 18, 2013

I'll be home for Christmas.

It has always been very important to me that I spend holidays with my family.

That being said, after spending most of my Thanksgiving virtually alone in an office, I cannot be more excited about the prospect of getting to spend my favorite holiday in the good old Green Mountains with my favorite people.

However, since I will be gone for an entire week, I have been relatively bogged down at work.  I keep telling myself that "if I just make it through a couple more busy days, I'll be home."

Which is true.

On a somewhat related note, I had a bit of a moment with myself about a week ago in which I thought: "It's almost Christmas."  (Yes, Katie.  When all you hear is Christmas music and there are wreaths  EVERYWHERE, it is, generally, that time of year.)  I think what really got to me though, aside from the panic of realizing I'd done none of my Christmas shopping, was that this means I've been living in Asheville for almost three months.

The time has flown.

So, in order to lift my spirits a bit in terms of my workload and to pay some due respect to my new little home, I gave myself a project.  In regard to the former, I decided to spend my weekends and my free time visiting my favorite places (and some new ones!) in Asheville, and in regard to the latter, I decided to photo-document these little trips (as well as some of my favorite things) and post the pictures here.

I wish I had though of this project earlier so I could share more pictures, but for now, these will have to do.


Downtown Asheville.


Downtown getting in the holiday spirit.


Hibiscus-rosehip tea at Waking Life Espresso.



And a shot of espresso.  Always a shot of espresso.


So Patrick graduated last weekend (yay!) and his amazing, adorable, beautiful little dachshund pup, Cocoa, came to stay with us for the weekend.  She may not be from Asheville, but she's too cute to not get a shout-out.

And last, but not least:

(Drumroll please...)

FRENCH BROAD CHOCOLATE LOUNGE!!!


Adorable interior (lots of seating!)


Unbelievable espresso drinks and baked goods.

And...


Are you ready?...

Are you sure?...


OH HELLO BEAUTIFUL.

Oh, I forgot the most important one of all:


(He's going to hate me.)

A shout-out to this little cutie, my roommate, Patrick.  I can't thank him enough for being so accommodating and making the "NY-CT-VT------Asheville" transition so smooth for me.

I hope you all have a very merry Christmas.

Much love!


No comments:

Post a Comment